From now on all Time-Assistant users are welcome to install the application on their PDA's.
Palm, Pocket PC and Windows CE are supported.
Softerra Time-Assistant PDA Clients enable users to carefully track their
time spent on certain tasks and projects based on work types assigned, as well as to download these
time records to the Softerra Time-Assistant server.
Softerra Time-Assistant PDA Client a free to try fully functional daily time tracking solution for your business.
- Install the application on your PDA and the relating synchronization
program on your PC.
For Pocket PC and Windows CE: simply connect PDA to PC and run the downloaded installation program.
- install Time-Assistant Palm Client on you PDA using the HotSync application;
- install Time-Assistant Palm Client Conduit on your PC and make sure that TA Palm Client Conduit appears in the HotSync Conduit list
(right-click the HotSync icon and open the "Custom.." item in the menu);
- Start the application on your PDA.
- In the Settings (Options) dialog of the
Time-Assistant Palm Client you'll need to set the following parameters:
- Time-Assistant Server Type (Light, Standard, Enterprise);
- Your Login and Password for the Time-Assistant server;
- Time-Assistant server URL (for Time-Assistant.com it should be www.time-assistant.com/tastandard or www.time-assistant.com/taenterprise)
- Make sure your PC is connected to the Internet;
- Start the synchronization process (for Pocket PC and Windows CE: connect PDA to PC; for Palm: start HotSync on PDA).
If the above procedure went successfully, your projects and work types will get copied to your PDA to
further enable the addition of new timesheet records. (for Time-Assistant Light this step is not mandatory, so you you'll be able to add new
timesheet records right away).
- After you have worked with the application for a few days, you'll be able to download the newly added time records from your PDA to the Time-Assistant Server.
To do this, go over the previous step again.
Please note: as soon as the synchronization is over, the successfully downloaded time records will be removed from PDA.
A time record will not be synchronized in the following cases:
- If its time range overlaps with records in the server database.
- If an Employee is no longer allowed to edit his/her timesheet for a certain period.
|Time-Assistant Pocket PC Client Application
|Time-Assistant Palm Client Application
|Time-Assistant Palm Client Conduit (synchronization program)
|Time-Assistant Windows CE Client (application plus synchronization program)